Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Park NYC

You usually hear about The Park's bar/club scene, but my friends and I actually went for my friend's birthday dinner. The atmosphere is great, I loved the "garden" feel. As for the food, it was okay. We started with calamari, which were the usual, but the chipotle dip was a tasty addition. For our entrees, I had the blackened catfish, one of my friends had the salmon, and the other ordered the linguini. All pretty good, but not fantastic. My catfish I found a bit too burnt or blackened, but I did like the flavor of the corn mash. The fish was also slightly over cooked and didn't taste particularly fresh. My friend said her linguini smelled amazing, but that the flavor was less than spectacular. For dessert, we ordered the flourless chocolate cake and banana wontons. The cake was good, very rich. The banana wontons were also done nicely - crisp with a simple banana filling. Overall, it was a fun dinner, the perfect place for something like a friend's birthday. However if you are looking for fine dining, I'd go elsewhere.

3.75/5
http://www.theparknyc.com/index.html

No comments: