Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sardine Factory Monterey

Really disappointing. I remembered going to the Sardine Factory when I was a kid and being mesmerized by its grandeur. Once the trip to Monterey was planned this year, I proceeded to make a reservation at the Sardine Factory for New Year's day. It truly was a dinner to remember... Two people at the table ordered the pre fixe dinner with filet mignon, one ordered the pre fixe with lobster, another had the salmon and crab, and I had the shrimp sambuca. I tried it all and nothing was good. My dish was probably the best - simple, creamy, but not overly rich. The salmon was alright and the lobster was edible, although overcooked and somewhat rubbery. The filet mignon was horrible though. It wasn't meat. It didn't taste like meat. The whole time we were trying to figure out what was wrong with it. The constitency was way off. Spongey. One person at the table was also convinced it was prime rib cut and not filet mignon. It was bad and the dessert was not good enough to make up for the horrible meal. Don't go there. It's not worth the money or time.

2/5
http://www.sardinefactory.com/home/

No comments: