Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bobby's Crabcakes Rockville

A restaurant on this side of the Chesapeake that specializes in crabcakes - I'm intrigued. The menu is very straight-forward with regular and jumbo sized crabcakes in sandwich or platter form. I got the crabcake platter and my friend ordered the crabcake sandwich. The crabcake was pretty good, but not exceptional. It was very crabby, but the lumps were not very large. The crabcake itself could also have been larger. The plates were around $15 each and I've had better crabcakes for that much, but I guess the DC metro area can increase prices on crabcakes whereas the Baltimore area has too much competition to do so. The fries were crisp and thin and the coleslaw was simple, yet tasty. Overall, not bad. It's a good place to go if you are craving crabcakes but are too lazy to drive out to B-more or Annapolis.

3.5/5
http://www.bobbyscrabcakes.com/

No comments: