Friday, September 5, 2008

Good Stuff Eatery DC

This is Chef Spike's (from Top Chef) newest restaurant. Located in southeast, near, the Capitol, Good Stuff Eatery offers burgers, fries, and milkshakes. Talk about feeling fat. I ordered the Asian inspired Blazin Barn burger with mint, cilantro, Thai Basil, and spicy mayo. After watching Top Chef, I discovered one of Chef Spike's specialties is Vietnamese, so I thought this would be a good choice. The burger was interesting, I give it that. I liked the unique flavors and mix of herbs. The mayo also complemented the burger very well. Perhaps if I had ordered the burger alone, I would have enjoyed my dinner, but instead my friend and I shared an order of fries and I got a root beer float. Moral of the story, too much fatty food. The fries were okay, they weren't as good as I expected them to be. Definitely felt like I was eating oil. The float was a standard float, which was really quite disappointing considering the emphasis the restaurant places on handspun cream. You could argue that because I got a float, the soda overpowered the cream, but I also tried my friend's toasted marshmellow shake, which was simply too much. Too sweet, too sickening. After a couple sips, you're done. I don't know if I would go back to Good Stuff Eatery. If I was in the area, maybe. But I won't be making that 1.5 hour trip again anytime soon.

3.75/5
http://www.goodstuffeatery.com/

No comments: