Friday, September 5, 2008

Habana Cuba San Jose

Another restaurant with huge portions for a reasonable price. I had the tamal cubano, my friend had the lechon a la cubana and together we had enough food for a family. The entrees are served with rice, plantains, and a choice of soup or salad. The soup tasted like chicken broth with stuff and the salad was as simple as can be, minus the vinegar dressing. The rice was plain white rice, don't expect any flavorful mexican rice here. The plantains were crisp and tasty. Lastly, the entrees were flavorful, but the dishes became bowls of meat, and fatty meat at that. I think there is something to be said about restaurants that give you a lot of food for your money, but this was a little ridiculous. The portions made me feel incredibly wasteful because I couldn't take it home. Anyway, if you are as hungry as can be and looking for a decent meal, hit up Habana Cuba.

3.75/5
http://www.998cuba.com/

No comments: