Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Chef Geoff's DC

Was there for Christmas Eve dinner and loved it. Chef Geoff's has been on the list for a very long time and I am so glad I finally tried it. I ordered the mesclun greens, pepitas, butternut, and cranberries salad and the bbq chicken, pineapple, jalapenos, and jack pizza. Once I tried the salad, I could not stop eating it. The dressing was fabulous and the cranberries added a great sweetness to the tart greens. For being a starter, it was rather large and in the end, I had hardly had any room for my pizza. I made sure to try one slice while it was fresh and I was shocked. I didn't know what to think of it at first. It was less spicy than I expected and perhaps more tangy - the pineapple was not very sweet, but together with the jack it made a interesting flavor. The bbq chicken was also subtle, not grilled and cubed, but shredded and sweet. After I took the pizza home and had it the next day, I loved it. It was different, but it worked. I also ordered bacardi peach lemonade, which was fantastic as well as shared the chocolate truffle cake, which was just the right amount of richness and lightness. A good balance. A great meal.

4.5/5
http://www.chefgeoff.com/main/index.cfm?Restaurant=cg&Category=Main&Section=Main

No comments: