Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Indique DC

So many expectations! My friends and I did a thorough search of DC restaurants until deciding to go to Indique. Indique had been recommended by an Indian acquaintance that also shares a love for food. I always have high expectations when eating out, but this time, my expectations were even higher. Sadly, they were not met. All of the food was good, but none of it great. We ordered the Mussels a la Indique as our starter. Tasty, not fantastic. For my entree, I had the Chicken Chettinad. Surprisingly spicy and very presentable, but jaw-dropping? No. My friends had the Baingan Bhartha, Alu Chole, and Chicken Appam. Everything had great flavor and we all ate too much, but there was nothing that was incredibly delicious. Three of the four of us said we had had better Indian before. I give credit to Indique though, because for once, their entrees were not the same ol' Tikka Masala, Saag, Korma, and Kadai that you can find anywhere. There was a lot more variety at Indique and at times, we felt the flavor mimicked Thai with its sweetness. It was different, which I love. There's no question that I would go back to Indique, but I was hoping for so much more!

3.5/5
http://www.indique.com/Indiquemainpage.html

No comments: