Thursday, February 21, 2008

Kanlaya DC

I've always said that Thai in DC isn't half bad (in comparison to other Asian cuisine out here.)Kanlaya, a trendy Thai restaurant that suffers from a bad location in Chinatown, met my standards. After reading a few reviews from critics, a couple friends and I decided to try Kanlaya. I ordered the duck while one of my friends had the panang and the other had chicken and broccoli with peanut sauce. The food was good, not spectacular, but good. My dish was very flavorful, but one of my slices of duck was pure skin and fat. Major turnoff. Anyway, it was what you expected from Thai cuisine - a mix of sweet and spicy (coconut, basil, peppers,...) but done well and not as oily as some other places. The thai iced tea was okay, overly sweet as usual. Overall, not bad, but from my perspective, it doesn't deserve all its praise.

3/5
http://www.kanlayathaicuisine.com/New/index.php

No comments: