Friday, May 23, 2008

Bethesda Crab House Bethesda

In the last two weeks, I've been to two crab houses. Crab houses are great, it takes a bit getting used to the sludge and mess of it all, but it's fun so long as you don't mind getting dirty, wearing a bib, and seeing crab guts. I called ahead to reserve my dozen large crabs and they were beautiful. The meat was fresh and sweet. One of the major differences between west and east coast crabs is that the meat is a lot softer and sweeter, but of course, the crabs are not as large. The seasoning is strong and definitely numbs your lips after a while, but it's tasty and nothing that you can't get used to. We also ordered the seasoned shrimp, which were amazing. Huge shrimp that were so incredibly fresh and crunchy. The coleslaw and corn are nothing to share, but the experience was great and my family loved it. I also learned a new way to slice open a crab from a stranger - it was pretty awesome.

4/5
No website

No comments: