Wednesday, October 8, 2008

B. Smith's DC

I was thoroughly pleased with my dinner at B. Smith's. Perhaps it was because I was eating at 9pm, but I found the food incredibly flavorful. I had the Garden District House Salad to start, which was lightly flavored with a sweet vinaigrette. The menu said cucumber vinaigrette, but I swear I tasted some type of fruit in it, perhaps berry or apple. For my entree, I ordered the shrimp and grits. The shrimp were crunchy and plump and the grits were served like mini grainy pancakes. However, it was the sauce that made the dish. It was distinctly cajun. Cayen pepper, andouille sausage, a bit of cheddar - the sauce really put the dish together and gave it a nice kick. Lastly, for dessert, I had the Bourbon St. Bread Pudding, which was good, not as mushy as some other bread puddings I have tried, but wayy too sweet - a few bites and I was done. Overall, I loved my southern meal.

4.25/5
http://www.bsmith.com/restaurant_dc_home.php

No comments: