Thursday, October 30, 2008

Haandi Bethesda

For my friend's birthday dinner, we ventured to well-reviewed Haandi in Bethesda. For a Sunday night, I was immediately impressed with how many patrons there were. The four of us shared 2 orders of samosas, baigan bharta, and murgh tikka tandori. It was the perfect amount of food. The samosas were disappointing - although they were perfectly fried and very crispy, I prefer my samosas to have chunks of potato, rather than have it mashed up. The baigan bharta was not distinctly an eggplant dish, but it was very tasty. Give me an order of roti and baigan bharta and I'm set. The murgh tikka tandori was forgettable. The barbeque was worth noting, but the chicken was dry. I would have gladly substituted the tandori for another curry dish. I think we missed the mark at Haandi, but I'm up to trying again.

3.5/5
http://www.haandi.com/

No comments: